How You Can Use Labour Market Analytics to Support Flexible and Hybrid Recruitment
Date Recorded: Friday, March 4th at 12:30 GMT.
Speakers & Agenda:
Rob Benson, Senior Policy Support Officer, Liverpool City Region:
- Utilising the experience of the local and wider labour market, Rob will outline the importance of skills for employers, how to use tools such as Horsefly Analytics to understand what skills are needed; and looking to the future of what skills are in-demand.
- The world has changed since Covid-19. Individuals and businesses alike have had to adapt their ways of working, renumeration packages and working conditions – but how long is this here to stay for? Has the labour market irreversibly shifted or are these sector shortages a sign of something more permanent?
- What sectors and industries are on the rise? We have never had more job vacancies than we have now – but are these in sectors of the future, or just more of the same? Utilising raw vacancy data and analysis, understand some of the trends and projections across the labour market.
Ian Turner, Talent Director, TalkTalk:
- How TalkTalk was an early adopter of Flexible working prior to the pandemic and this gave them a USP, but the pandemic has meant their competitors have adopted similar positions meaning TalkTalk lost its USP to attract candidates. Salaries are soaring and counter offers have dramatically increased.
- Bringing TA in house and facing off to the organisation as Business Partner created a need for them to bring strategic information/data into their recruitment discussions. Ian will describe how using real time labour market analytics have given the TA team a place at the table and enabled them to thick strategically to recover their recruitment USP’s.